This course is designed for participants to achieve the required performance outcomes‚ skills and knowledge to install telecommunication pits and conduits, including customer lead ins. Participants will also learn the remediation of existing damaged or undersize pits.
It applies to technical staff who install underground infrastructure for new and upgraded telecommunications cabling for domestic, commercial or industrial customers. It also applies to individuals in technical roles in civil construction who install pits and pre-built enclosures with connecting pipes for underground telecommunications infrastructure, predominantly in greenfield sites.
Note: This course does not include certification for asbestos removal.
Duration and delivery mode: This course will be delivered in Two face-to-face full day training sessions at one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- interpret and apply design plans and prepare for construction
- install enclosures including pipe pit and conduit
- shore an excavation site to meet enterprise and regulatory requirements
- use specialised hand or power tools and equipment normally used for excavation, pipe, conduit installation and site restoration safely
- excavate for installation of an enclosure and conduit according to industry standards, applying related health and safety requirements and work practices
- install enclosure and conduit according to specifications and industry standards.
For successful completion of this course, you need to complete and demonstrate competency in two unit of competency:
ICTCBL334 – Install underground enclosures and conduit
ICTCBL253 – Construct underground telecommunications infrastructure