Structured Cabling (Cat 5, 6 and Beyond – CPRs Endorsement)
Structured Cabling course is designed for participants to achieve the required skills and knowledge to competently cable integrated voice and data systems to the Australian Standard AS/NZS 3080:2013 Information Technology – Generic cabling for customer premises to meet client communication needs in a commercial environment. Completion of this course will allow learners to apply for the Structured Cabling Endorsement on your Open Registration Licence. This Endorsement covers work with CAT 5 (and above) on domestic or commercial premises. It is recommended that participants already hold the Open Registration Licence or have completed the Open Registration course before attending this course.
Content Structured Cabling
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
From 01/03/2021 this course will be delivered in a 2 day face-to-face training session over two consecutive days in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location‚ for a sufficiently large group of participants
Duration: 2 Days Face to Face
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- To install cabling to support an integrated voice and data system.
- To identify the components of an integrated voice and data system.
- To test the installation and interpret the results of these tests.
- To identify different types of UTP & STP cable
- To identify and list the component of a structured cabling system
- To terminate UTP cables correctly
- To test the installation correctly using the correct test equipment
ICTCBL301 – Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation