This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid to a casualty. It is suited for all people who may be required to provide first response in a range of situations, this may be in community volunteering or workplace settings. Please note that some job roles and industries require a valid First Aid Certificate as part of licensing or job requirements. Usually, the renewal period is every three years, with refresher courses such as CPR recommended every year. To find out about your licensing/regulatory requirements, please contact your Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority at National or State/Territory level.
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Duration: 1 Day Face to Face
- respond to an emergency situation
- apply appropriate first aid procedures
- communicate details of the incident
- evaluate the incident and own performance
This course will be delivered in a one full-day face-to-face training session at one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.