This course is designed for participants to achieve the required performance outcomes‚ skills and knowledge to haul underground cable, involving installation and recovery of cables, including multi-pair, coaxial and optical fibre in access networks or customer premises, in line with current Telstra standards.
It applies to technical staff who install cable for new installations and upgrades to telecommunications cabling infrastructure for communications applications including broadcasting or reception (digital video broadcasting–terrestrial [DVB-T], satellite [DVB-S], long term evolution [LTE]), closed-circuit television(CCTV), digital and analog, telephony, data, video, computer networks, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), fibre optic networks and multimedia. It also applies to technicians who install and recover cables, including multi-pair, coaxial and optical fibre for domestic, commercial or industrial situations.
This course will be delivered in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.
Duration: 1 Day Face to Face
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- plan the works and prepare the site
- read and interpret drawings and designs to interpret installation requirements
- haul cable applying related work health and safety (WHS) requirements and work practices
- transition cable from aerial to underground or underground to aerial
- use cable dispensing equipment
- use specialised hand or power tools and equipment for hauling cable safely
- test the installation, document and escalate the test result
- use the correct type of rope for cable hauling
- use various rodding, roping and mandrel techniques as prior requirements to hauling cable
- haul underground cable by applying work health and safety (WHS) requirements, work practices and industry standards
- comply with all related safety requirements and work practices.
- prepare all reports and records to industry and enterprise standards.
For successful completion of this course, you need to complete and demonstrate competency in two unit of competency:
ICTCBL249 – Haul underground cable for installation and maintenance work;
ICTCBL329 – Install underground cable for communications applications
There are currently no course dates available.