MILCOM Institute, is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No.6859) and with the Australian Quality Skills Authority (ASQA) catering for the learning needs of the Business and Telecommunication Industry.We adhere to strict quality standards in our administration, training and assessment services to you.
MILCOM is not just a training company but a participant in the industry
We take pride in our association and active participation in the dynamic telecommunication and business industry. Our team provides and consults with PWC’s Skills for Australia for the development of training packages.
We have experience, we have pedigree
MILCOM has been providing training since 1991 and has built a strong reputation of being a quality training provider and has trained over 30,000 learners. We adhere to strict quality standards in our administration, training and assessment services to our learners. Our philosophy of ‘training’ has always been and still is based on providing current, state-of-the-art, practical learning environments for our participants.
There are challenges, but we are always in a state of preparation
For every qualification delivered in MILCOM Institute, MILCOM Institute has undertaken Industry Consultation with Industry Stakeholders within the organisation to ensure training and assessment is aligned to current methods, technology, and appropriateness of performance expectations for the workplace tasks specified in both the training package and the client work expectations.
We have the team
MILCOM Institute prides itself on the high calibre of its management, teaching and administrative staff. MILCOM Institute has well qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated staff to ensure the smooth and appropriate functioning of the College. Strong financial and student management are key determinants of the success or failure of any teaching establishment. We are renowned for our practical, hands-on approach to training. Our training centres (for domestic students) are conveniently located in major capital cities (For International students – Brisbane only) and are set up with state-of-the-art training equipment. Our trainers are industry experts with the required depth of current knowledge and industry experience to allow learners to practice new skills in a supervised simulated work environment. Learners and employers can be confident that the acquired skills can be directly applied on the job. Our training facilities provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment, equipped with the latest tools and safety equipment for your trade.
We don’t just deliver competency-based training, we deliver what is required to produce real outcomes
What sets us apart from our competitors is the currency and depth of industry expertise and instructional skills of our expert trainers, who share their insights for job relevant learning outcomes directly applicable in the workplace.
Integrity, reliability and transparency
- We pride ourselves on our integrity
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our work
- We deal with our clients, our stakeholders and our people with the utmost transparency
- We acknowledge mistakes honestly and without defensiveness, and rectify them promptly
Our people are our most important asset
- We treat each other with dignity and respect and acknowledge each other’s unique skill sets and contributions to the team
- We support each other and behave as a team
- We deal with conflict promptly and fairly
- We recognise and appropriately reward our people
The course details will provide you with information about:
- Which units of competency you will attain from the training and assessment once you are deemed competent
- Expected total duration of the course and the expected time you need to invest, which may include activities and self-paced learning outside of formal class attendance time
- What job outcomes and further education pathways the training may lead to
- Any training pre-requisites
- Any resource requirements for studying your chosen course (e.g. access to a computer and the internet for online component)
- The total cost of the training including tuition fees and cost of training materials
- Learning that is professionally and workplace relevant that improves career opportunities
- Flexible training options, recognising the needs of each individual learner
- Trainers/Assessors with recent and relevant industry experts who are required to maintain currency in their industry experience
- Innovative and responsive training delivery
- Inclusive, integrated and flexible training delivery models
- Expertise to identify and clarify training needs and delivering training that meets those needs
- Learning programs that make sense in the work environment
- Training that gives Students the required skills for the present and future
- Where appropriate, practical, hands-on skills linked to underpinning knowledge
- Learning environments that adapt to change