Aerial 2021 Aerial Cabling Endorsement
Aerial Cabling Endorsement
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to install aerial cable supports in domestic, commercial or industrial communications applications, including digital and analog, telephony, data, video, digital broadcasting, master antenna television (MATV), cable television (CATV), closed-circuit television (CCTV), long-term evolution (LTE) computer networks, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and multimedia.
It applies to technical staff installing aerial cable for customers and carrier networks. Installations are completed outdoors on customer premises using basic rigging procedures, methods and equipment for working safely at heights.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements apply to telecommunications systems and working at heights. Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. All customer cabling work in the telecommunications, fire, security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler. All cablers are required to register with an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) accredited registrar.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- prepare site for aerial cable support construction
- install aerial support structures using pole and wall supports
- install various aerial cable using effective practices including: integral bearer, self -supporting and stranded support (catenary)
- Unit of competency: ICTCBL333 - Install aerial cable for communications applications
- Unit of competency: ICTCBL335 - Construct aerial cable supports
This course will be delivered in two full day face-to-face training sessions in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.