HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. It gives you the skills to complete hand hygiene and care of hand, use of personal protective equipment, handling of waste, enforcing clean and contaminated zones, limitation of contamination, surface cleaning
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
- Students who successfully complete this unit will be awarded the statement of attainment for: HLTINFCOV001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Students who participate in a Skill Set must be employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role and tell you their employment status
- Have not previously completed the individual Skill Set they are seeking to enroll in, or any of the other Infection Control Skill Sets.
- This initiative relates to the following five Skill Sets:
- HLTSS00064 – Infection Control Skill Set, HLTSS00065 − Infection Control Skill Set (Retail), HLTSS00066 − Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling), HLTSS00067 − Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics), BSBSS00095 − Cross sector infection
This course is delivered by blended Mode and requires the 6-8 hours of online learning and practical assessment which takes approximately 2 hours. All knowledge assessments are completed via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments if completed in the classroom.
The Victorian Government, with the Commonwealth Government, is responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic by fully funding five Infection Control Skill Sets (Skill Sets) for training providers to deliver to employed Victorian workers. These short courses will help workers ensure their workplaces are safe for themselves and the community, and stop the spread of COVID-19.