Short Course Details
ICTCBL208 Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers
Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to splice and terminate optical fibre cable within an optical telecommunications transmission environment for new installations or upgrades of an optical backbone or access network, to achieve greater bandwidth and capacity required by emerging technology convergence for next generation networks (NGN).
It applies to technical staff who splice and terminate optical fibre cable for telecommunications projects for commercial or industrial fibre to the premises (FTTP) non-mechanical splicing installations.
All client cabling work in the telecommunications, fire, security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler. All cablers are required to register with an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) accredited registrar.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Splice, terminate and test optical fibre cable, applying safety precautions when working with laser based systems
- Splice at least 12 fibres and house in industry recognised enclosures according to manufacturerâ€™s instructions
- Install a mechanical splice connector (fast or quick connector)
- Install a pigtail that is fusion spliced to the cable fibre
- Complete relevant documentation to manufacturerâ€™s and design requirements
- Provide report documenting the installation and test results to client
- Comply with all related work health and safety (WHS) requirements and work practices.
Duration: 5 Days
|Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers||NSW||$999.00||20 - 24 May 2019|
|Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers||VIC - CLAYTON||$999.00||24 - 28 June 2019|