IP & Fault 02 Install & Test Telecommunications Network Equipment & IP Devices in Convergence networks
Install & Test Telecommunications Network Equipment & IP Devices in Convergence networks
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively install and test telecommunications network equipment and the skills and knowledge required for entry-level installations and testing for internet protocol (IP) based telecommunications networking, using convergent technologies to deliver services of Next Generation Networks (NGN) It includes processes for checking plans, obtaining equipment, and handling equipment and supplies.
It applies to field officers, technicians or technical supervisors employed by carriers, contractors or other service providers, who install new, or replace old, switching, transmission and radio networks and various transmission paths – including cable, optical fibre, radio, microwave and satellite telecommunications equipment and to technicians and cable installers who install and maintain IP-based equipment for customer and service providers for NGN services, including internet protocol TV (IPTV), IP security, digital home networks, IP-based cable access TV (CATV), IP core and access networks, home automation, interactive TV, radio frequency identification (RFID), biometric recognition systems, mesh networks, smart grids and cloud computing.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Plan for installation of telecommunications network equipment
- Prepare for installation of IP device
- Install network hardware and cabling
- Install equipment accessories
- Configure and Test System & IP device
- Gather information to prepare for installation of IP device
- Clean up worksite and complete documentation
- Test wireless link
- Unit of Competency: ICTTEN302 - Install telecommunications network equipment
- Unit of Competency: ICTTEN207 - Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
This course will be delivered in two full day face-to-face training sessions in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location‚ for a sufficiently large group of participants.