Short Course Details
CAB-10 - 2017 Optical Fibre Cabling
Optical Fibre Cabling
This course is designed for participants to achieve the required skills and knowledge to competently conduct optical fibre cabling. Participants in this course will be able to identify the different forms of fibre optic cable‚ gain an understanding of the propagation of light through the fibre and understand the various connection and splicing methods of optical fibre and where they are used in installations throughout the industry. Completion of this course will allow learners to apply for the Optical Fibre Internal Cabling Endorsement on their Open Registration Licence. This Endorsement covers work with optical fibre on domestic or commercial premises. It is recommended that participants already hold the Open Registration Licence or have completed the Open Registration course before attending this course.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Fully understand how light is propagated and how it is transmitted via optical fibre cable.
- Describe the light sources used for optical fibre transmission
- Understand the various types of fibre and when each is used.
- Understand the construction of optical fibre cable.
- Be conversant with the various types of jointing and termination methods involving fibre optic cables.
- Identify the different types of fibres available.
- Perform a fusion splice in fibre.
- Install the various types of connectors on optical fibre fibre cable.
- Test a splice and interpret the results on OTDR Fibre tester.
- Utilise the various types of splicing and test equipment.
- Demonstrate all safety requirements required when working with optical fibre.
- Understand the different components used in a simple fibre network.
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL302 Install and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
This course will be delivered in two full day face-to-face training sessions in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location‚ for a sufficiently large group of participants.
|Optical Fibre Cabling||NSW||$500.00||29 & 30 August 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||QLD- OXLEY||$500.00||5 & 6 September 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling- Weekend Session||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||8 & 9 September 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||12 & 13 September 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||19 & 20 September 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||NSW||$500.00||26 & 27 September 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||QLD- OXLEY||$500.00||4 & 5 October 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||10 & 11 October 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling- Weekend Session||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||20 & 21 October 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||NSW||$500.00||24 & 25 October 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||31 October & 1 November 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling (Weekend Only)||NSW||$500.00||3 & 4 November 2018 (Weekend Only)|
|Optical Fibre Cabling- Weekend Session||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||17 & 18 November 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||NSW||$500.00||21 & 22 November 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||21 & 22 November 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||NSW||$500.00||12 & 13 December 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling- Weekend Session||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||15 & 16 December 2018|
|Optical Fibre Cabling||VIC- Clayton||$500.00||19 & 20 December 2018|