Short Course Details
CAB-01 Open Registration with Online Pre-requisites - 5 days
Open Registration with Online Pre-requisites - 5 days
(Special Offer for $ 799.00)
Units of Competency
For successful completion of this course, learner needs to complete and demonstrate competency in two units of competency:
- ICTCBL236 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule*
- ICTCBL237 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule*
*These units have Pre-requisite units.The learner can undertake this course of Open Registration [2 units (ICTCBL236, ICTCBL237) mentioned above] ONLY after successfully completing the following two Pre-requisite Units prior to the commencement of the Open Registration Course:
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures *
- ICTTEN201 Use electrical skills in telecommunications work*
* Student must successfully complete the online module prior to commencement of 5 days face to face training sessions..
This course is for those looking to obtain the Open Registration. This is the best starting point for work within the Telecommunications Industry (on either the Customer Premises or Carrier Network). Once obtained, the Open Registration Licence covers various aspects of customer premises cabling, such as Telecommunications, Security Systems, and Fire Protection.
Following completion of this course, learners will receive a statement of attainment which is used to apply for an Open Registration (previously known as the Austel Licence). Learners will also need to undertake supervised work experience on relevant cabling in order to gain the Open Registration.
For details regarding the application requirements for obtaining an Open Registration, please contact ACMA or one of ACMA’s approved registrars. Since 1st July 2012, the Open Registration only covers telephony cabling, therefore in order to work with Structured Cabling (Cat 5 and above), Coaxial Cabling, or Optical Fibre, workers will need to gain endorsements on the open registration licence through further training.
Before applying for the Open registration, the learner will need to provide the evidence of having completed 360 hours of practical Cabling work.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Terminate Cable
- Install cabling from socket to socket within a customer premises
- Detail the ACMA cabling licence requirements
- Describe the mandatory ACMA technical standards
- Describe the composition of a Telephone Cabling System
- Install all facility cabling and backbone cabling
- Recognise the requirement of a Telecommunications Reference Conductor and understand the correct methods of equipotential bonding according to the ACMA Technical Standards
- Recognise and be able to update cabling records correctly
- Test Telephone Cabling Systems prior to hand over to the client