Short Course Details
CAB-12 Underground Cabling Endorsement
Underground Cabling Endorsement
This course is designed for participants to achieve the required skills and knowledge to competently install new underground cables or to upgrade existing telecommunications infrastructure (remediation). Communications applications include digital and analogue, telephony, data, video, digital broadcasting, computer networks, local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) and multimedia. Participants will also cover formal documentation requirements, such as accurate completion of a telecommunications cabling advice (TCA) form (TCA1 form) and cable records. This course combines MILCOM’s CAN-01 Cable Hauling and CAN-02 Pit & Pipe courses.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Prepare for installation of underground enclosure and conduit
- Install enclosure and conduit
- Prepare for underground cable hauling
- Haul underground cable
- Seal and secure cable, restore site and complete all documentation
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL213 Construct underground telecommunications infrastructure
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL307 Install underground enclosures and conduit
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL207 Haul Underground Cable
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL308 Install underground cable
This course will be delivered in three full day face-to-face training sessions in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.