Short Course Details
CAB-09 Coaxial Cabling Endorsement
Coaxial Cabling Endorsement
Units of Competency from 19th June 2017
- ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable*
This course is designed for you to achieve the required skills and knowledge to competently install, terminate and test coaxial cabling on customer premises. This includes work in communications applications, digital and analog, telephony, data and video, digital broadcasting, computer networks, local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) and multimedia. Completion of this course will allow you to apply for the Coaxial Cabling Endorsement on their Open Registration Licence. This Endorsement covers work with Coaxial Cabling on domestic or commercial premises. It is recommended that you already hold the Open Registration Licence or have completed the Open Registration course before attending this course.
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- identify the various types of coaxial cabling system
- describe the construction of coaxial cable
- identify different types of coaxial cable
- identify and list the component parts of coaxial cable
- identify and correctly use coaxial termination tools
- terminate coaxial connectors correctly
- test the terminated coaxial cable safely and accurately
- Unit of Competency: ICTCBL3011B Install and terminate coaxial cable
This course will be delivered in a 0.5 day face-to-face training session, typically on Day 2 of a structured cabling course (normally 1pm-5pm) in one of the MILCOM training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable location, for a sufficiently large group of participants.